Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Today is the last day of 2008. The digit of year will be change tomorrow. But what is new about it? Everyday digits change. It shows that time is moving forward. However, are we moving forward, too, along with time? I hope so.
Many things I achieved this year.
1) I quit my job as a structural engineer.
2) I leave my parents and family in Malaysia and follow Juma to Kuwait.
3) Although we got married last year, this is the first year we live as husband and wife. Taking care of our house together. Try to live our life.
4) I wasn't working for almost 8 months, the longest record in my life so far.
5) I got pregnant.
6) We celebrate our first anniversary.
7) I sew my own clothes and they are wear-able.
8) My dream to see Burj of Arab came true, when we transited from Malaysia to Kuwait at Dubai.
9) I visited my brother in Bandung, Indonesia.
10) I got addicted with vintage items.
That's what I can think about it for now. I have new year resolutions too, like everyone else.
1) I want to be a better wife, daughter and society.
2) I want to give my very best to my baby.
3) Pray 5 times a day.
4) Try more recipe.
5) Lessen my shopping, keep some money.
6) Call my mum and brothers more frequent.
7) Talk less nonsense.
8) Read more history and geography.
And that's what I can think about it for now. To everybody, Happy New Year!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
I came home quite early and started preparing my dinner when I realised it had been almost a week I didn't call Mama. She went to Bandung/Jakarta for her yearly trip and I don't know how long is he r vacation. But I know she definitely enjoyed her trip overthere with uncle along.
So, I rang her and found out that she is in Cameron Highland with uncle and my brothers! Huhu! How jealous am I! She sounded great! Talked to Fareez. I miss him so much!!
And now, I'm glued on my bed, watching Friend Season 6. Care to join?
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Lazing at home, I watched last weekend's Medodi and Nona. Then my eyes came across the Akasia's now showing series; SpaQ 2. It reminded me of my days when I was still in KL. After work, I rushed back home to watch Spa Q. Sometimes my sister-in-law joined in my room, watching while eating junk food.
And now, me watching all over alone... far away from M'sia, but still on the bed. Hehe...
Friday, December 12, 2008
The detail of baju kebaya
The detail at the hand of baju kebaya
The detail of kain kebaya
And guess what,you may choose any color that you like! Name it and I have it for you! All this is at RM250 only. Grab it ladies!
a) Sulam biasa (Normal Embroidery) - rm40
b) Sulam timbul - rm60
c) Sulam super (Super Embroidery)- rm80
2. Kain kebaya+selendang
a) Sutera timbul - rm120
b) Sutera biasa (silk) - rm110
3. Baju kebaya (usually 1.6m)
a) Sutera thai (Thai silk) - rm20 per meter
b) Cotton - rm25 per meter
4. 3 in 1 package (baju kebaya+kain kebaya+selendang)
a) Semi sutera 3 in 1 (Semi silk 3 in 1)- rm80
b) Sutera timbul 3 in 1 - rm170
Thus, you just add all the choices you want.
Example 1: sulam biasa+kain kebaya and selendang from sutera+baju kebaya from cotton
= rm 40+ rm110 + (rm 25x1.6)
= rm 190
Example 2: sulam timbul+Semi sutera 3 in 1
= rm 60+ rm 80
= rm 140
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Embroided kebaya (kebaya sulam) is one of a kind of kebaya. The embroidery made by machine or hand made (jahit tangan). It is so famous in Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia. Nevertheless, it is quite pricey.
Here, I would like to introduce embroided kebaya come from Bandung, a famous place for textile. And it comes in three different kind of embroidery.
1) Sulam super
- the embroidery lies from up till down of the baju kebaya
2) Sulam timbul
- the embroidery lies on higher level than the fabric
- it enhances the floating look of the embroidery if you see it from far
3) Sulam biasa
- the embroidery lies on the same level of the fabric
And the fabric of the kebaya also comes in different kind.
1) sutera thai (thai silk)